Thanks to OYH board members and generous donors we were able to award over $65,000 in funds this month to Minnesota agencies in need!
Hunger and Homeless Grants
- Outreach Food Shelf of Douglas County for $10,000 to purchase a sprinkler and installation to bring building up to code.
- The Village in Waterville for $10,000 to renovate 2 rooms for emergency shelter purposes, youth and toddler area.
- Little Kitchen Food Shelf for $3,000 to purchase two commercial freezers to replace aging residential freezers in the Little Kitchen Food Shelf.
- People Responding in Social Ministry/PRISM for $10,000 to purchase a cargo van to transport rescue food and produce to food shelf and to move furniture for newly housed homeless families.
- Churches United in Ministry for $5,000 to purchase an air handler heating valve to upgrade the HVAC and funds to repair concrete floors.
- Anna Marie’s Alliance for $5,000 to purchase an upgraded keyless entry system at Anna Marie’s Shelter.
- The Salvation Army Minneapolis Temple Worship And Service Center for $10,000 to purchase a walk-in freezer for the soon to be opened client-choice food shelf benefiting the residents of North Minneapolis.
- Division of Indian Works for $10,000 to purchase/install new dishwasher for Anpa Waste and soffitt repair/steel doors/replace floor board/paint entryway at Healing Spirit house.
Community Event Sponsorship Grant
- Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless for $5,000 to support the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless 2016 Statewide Annual Conference on October 11 and 12 in Rochester Minnesota.