Thanks to OYH board members and generous donors we were able to award over $55,000 in funds this month to Minnesota agencies in need!
Hunger and Homeless Grants
- The Salvation Army (Brainerd) was granted $2,750 to purchase a glass-door refrigerator for the food shelf during their transition to a client-choice model.
- The Link was granted $10,000 to fund street outreach program supplies that would directly assist homeless youth during the winter months.
- Great River Family Promise was granted $1,463 to purchase 4 additional rollaways for use by families as they are sheltered in a program for families experiencing homelessness.
- Nameless Coalition was granted $7,740 to purchase shelter equipment and supplies.
- Project for Pride in Living was granted $9,360 to support the purchase and installation of security cameras at PPL’s New Foundations Program, which provides supportive housing to formerly homeless families.
- Ralph Reeder Food Shelf was granted $4,360 to purchase a refrigerator and freezer.
- Loaves and Fishes was granted $10,000 to purchase and outfit a used van with air conditioning, dedicated to the safe transport of fresh produce from the farms to the warehouse.
- Servants of Shelter of Koochiching County was granted $9,975 to assist with the two bedroom unit shelter, client supplies and overflow hotel stays.