Thanks to OYH board members and generous donors we were able to award almost $60,000 in funds this month to Minnesota agencies in need!
Hunger and Homeless Grants
- Willmar Area Food Shelf was granted $4,046 to purchase 2 wireless floor scales with ramps and 4 sections of shelving.
- New Pathways was granted $10,000 to purchase the disposal and asbestos abatement of an old boiler and to purchase/install a new boiler system to heat Cambrige Site shelter for homeless families with children.
- Hope Coalition was granted $10,000 to purchase 2 new agency minivans for client services to replace existing vehicles.
- Chatfield Community Food Shelf was granted $6,000 to purchase a glass front double door refrigerator, a one door glass fronted freezer and a 21-foot chest freezer.
- Churches United was granted $3,250 to purchase bus tokens and laundry vouchers for hungry and homeless clients.
- Hill City Area Food Shelf was granted $1,500 to purchase two upright freezers to replace a chest freezer that is no longer in service.
- The Open Door was granted $10,000 to purchase a new walk-in cooler/freezer for The Open Door’s Eagan Pantry program.
- Hastings Family Service was granted $4,725 to purchase of a chest freezer, upright freezer, double glass door refrigerator and a hand truck with stair climber.
- Life House was granted $10,000 to purchase of a refrigerator, a stainless workspace table, poly box truck, wire shelving, storage bins, cabinet storage, clothing storage system, lockers, and partial shipping costs of goods.