Resources and Needs Following Metro Unrest
Need Help? Looking for Ways to Help?
The MN Coalition for the Homeless has created a comprehensive page with links for information on advocating and learning. Please check it out HERE.
Casa de Esperanza
St. Paul, MN
In need of Spanish Speaking volunteers to help with the crisis calls. Essential donation needs include products – shampoo, hand sanitizer, diapers, detergent, sanitary pads, soap, etc. Please reach out to Rosario de la Torre at [email protected] for questions or to schedule a donation.
Ethel Gordon Community Care Center and Shelter
St. Paul, MN
No specific needs at this time but volunteers always welcome. Donation needs of water and household supplies can be dropped off at 1114 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN 55117 on Thursdays or Fridays between noon and 3 p.m. Please reach out to Linda Jemison at [email protected] for more information.
Face to Face Health & Counseling Service, Inc.
St. Paul, MN
In need of volunteers to prepare meals for youth that are being housed in hotels during the COVID pandemic/uprisings. Donation needs of diapers, shampoo, conditioner, menstruation supplies, soap, and shelf-stable food. Please reach out to Joa Sevlie at [email protected] for more information and to schedule a donation.
St. Paul, MN
In need of diapers, baby food, and toiletries. Donations can be dropped off at 501 North Dale #300, St. Paul, MN 55103 on Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Donation needs of new twin & full sheet sets, bath towels, and washcloths. New full-sized toiletries and cleaning supplies. New flip-flops (shower shoes) for children and adults. New socks, underwear, and bras for women, children, and teens. Please reach out to Monica Nilsson at [email protected] to schedule a donation. Haven Housing is sharing what they have with the Broadway Avenue coalition that is dispersing at Broadway and Emerson Avenues in Minneapolis.
New Creation Baptist Church
Donation needs of laundry detergent, personal hygiene, water, bread and pastries, cereal and snacks. Donations can be dropped off at 1414 E. 48th St., Minneapolis, MN 55417 on Thursdays – Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc.
Have reached physical capacity for donations of food and supplies and are instead encouraging people to donate financially to purchase meat, milk, and eggs. In need of masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes to give to clients. Donations can be dropped off at 1835 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411 on Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Same day appointments for behavioral health (telephone or video conferencing), call 612-543-2500. COVID-19 has disproportionately affected our neighborhood and people of color; with recent groups congregating for demonstrations and community food sites, testing will be needed. Provide drive-up COVID testing by appointment, 612-543-2500.
In need of volunteers to help clean up community. In need of money for shovels, brooms, and ten 20-yard dumpsters. Also need food and drinks to feed volunteers. For more information please contact Bruce Carpenter at [email protected]/. Are also providing the community with clothing and cleaning supplies to help with COVID-19.
Society of St. Vincent DePaul
In need of help to clean up store and organize shelves. Painting walls, and repairing furniture. Donation needs of cleaning supplies, bins with covers (all sizes) masks, hand sanitizers, personal hygiene items, bins, etc. For more information please contact Patrick Kaiser at [email protected].
The Bridge for Youth
In need of the following:
- Small, half sized, water bottles and Gatorade packs (or anything with electrolytes) to add to water
- Squeezable apple sauce and smoothies, from Costco, to hand out and can be eaten without any utensils
- Snacks that won’t melt: mixed nuts and sunflower seeds, fruit snacks, ramen cups and mac and cheese (Velveeta with cheese pack included: no need for milk/butter)
- Wet Wipes: there are currently NO public restrooms open so our youth who are staying outside don’t have access to showers/running water
- Ethnic hair products: brushes, combs and shampoo/conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products
- Portable cell phone chargers
- Flashlights WITH batteries
- Gift cards to Uber/Lyft and uber eats/door dash. The gift cards for fast food cannot be used now because drive up is the only thing open and most of our youth don’t have cars. Also, public transportation is not running at all in Washington County and so even if a youth wants to go to the food shelf, they have no access to transportation, and outreach cannot currently provide transportation so Uber/Lyft will be helpful. Also, gift cards to places that youth can walk into and order: Subway, Chipotle and Walmart.
- Air beds
Please contact Christina Woodlee at [email protected] to schedule a delivery.
Women of Nations
St. Paul, MN
In need of personal hygiene products and diapers. Donations can be dropped off at 73 Leech Street, St. Paul, MN 55102 on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.