This Thursday, November 13th, is Give to the Max Day.
About Give to the Max Day
Give to the Max Day was created in 2009 to launch GiveMN, a collaborative venture led by Minnesota Community Foundation and many other organizations committed to helping make our state a better place.
That initial spark touched off a blast of online giving — $14 million in 24 hours. Since then, Give to the Max Day has become an annual tradition. Every year thousands of organizations and individuals generate donations and excitement for Minnesota causes that are working to improve the quality of life for all Minnesotans.
Give to the Max Day has become a national model for giving days.
Here’s what you need to know before you give:
1. It’s easy for you to make an impact in the lives of hungry and homeless Minnesotans. 10,000 Minnesotans will be homeless tonight and 8,500 will visit a food shelf on any given day. Your donation allows Open Your Heart to make an impact by partnering with those who serve people in need, growing donor engagement and increasing awareness of hunger and homelessness issues. We work hard to ensure your donation goes where the need is greatest.
2. Your donation will be matched. Thanks to the generosity of the Open Your Heart Board of Directors and our event partner, Culligan Water Conditioning of Minnetonka, the first $6,600 of gifts scheduled for or given on Give to the Max Day will be matched!
3. By donating you are making Open Your Heart eligible for an extra $2,000. Givemn.org is picking one donation at random every hour on Give to the Max Day and awarding the recieving organization an extra $2,000. That means a donation of $10 could help us win $2,000. Anyone want to stay up and donate at 4am? And if that weren’t enough, there will be one final drawing at the end of Give the Max Day and the winner will recieve a Super-Sized Golden Ticket of $20,000.
4. You are part of something big. GiveMN has served more than 230,000 individuals who have made donations on GiveMN.org. Together, we are making a difference in Minnesota.
5. We need your help getting the word out. Sharing our Facebook and Twitter posts really helps us!
Thank you for your support!